Quality Child Care
When You Need it Most
Highly-subsidized in-home and center-based back-up child care for UC Berkeley student parents.
Learn more about the service, location, hours and costs.
Take the First Steps
It takes up to 10 business days before you can start using the child care service. Get started now!
1 Confirm Eligibility
The first step is to check your registration status to make sure you are eligible for this program.
If you are eligible to apply, you will need to submit an application to the Graduate Division.
Once your application has been accepted, you will be provided with a link to register with Bright Horizons.
Use back-up child care when:
- Your regular caregiver is unavailable
- You are between child care arrangements
- Your child’s regular child care center or school is closed
- Your child is mildly ill and cannot attend your regular child care center or school
- You need care for your child so that you can meet your academic responsibilities, such as attending a study session, writing a paper, or traveling to attend conferences or to make presentations