Quality Child Care
When You Need it Most
Highly-subsidized in-home and center-based back-up child care for UC Berkeley student parents.
Learn more about the service, location, hours and costs.
Service Terms (effective September 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021): Student parents are eligible for up to 120 subsidized hours of subsidized care per fiscal year. Co-pays are $2 per hour for center-based care and $4 per hour for in-home care (minimum four hours per booking). Once fully registered with Bright Horizons, additional hours will appear on the student’s account no later than October 1, 2020.
Take the First Steps
It can take as long as 5 business days to complete registration before you can start scheduling service. Get started now!
1 Confirm Eligibility
The first step is to check your campus registration status to make sure you are eligible for this program.
If you are eligible to apply, you must submit an application to the campus program coordinator.
Once your application has been accepted, you will be provided with a password to register with the service provider, Bright Horizons.
Use back-up child care when:
- Your regular caregiver is unavailable
- You are between child care arrangements
- Your child’s regular child care center or school is closed
- You need care for your child so that you can meet your academic responsibilities, such as attending a study session, writing a paper, or traveling to attend conferences or to make presentations
There are three ways to reserve care:
- Online by logging into https://backup.brighthorizons.com
- By phone: 877-BH-CARES (242-2737) available 24/7
- Via the Bright Horizons App (search “Back-Up Care” on the App Store or Google Play)